Guidelines for Posters
The Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing (PASC) invites research paper submissions for PASC20, co-sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and SIGHPC, which will be held at University of Geneva, Switzerland, from June 29 to July 1, 2020.
PASC20 is the seventh edition of the PASC Conference series, an international platform for the exchange of competences in scientific computing and computational science, with a strong focus on methods, tools, algorithms, application challenges, and novel techniques and usage of high performance computing.
As in previous years, the technical program of PASC20 is organized around eight scientific domains:
- Climate and Weather
- Chemistry and Materials
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Emerging Application Domains (incl. but not limited to social sciences, finance, …)
- Engineering (incl. but not limited to CFD, computational mechanics, computational engineering materials, turbulent flow, …)
- Life Sciences (incl. but not limited to biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience and computational biology, …)
- Physics (incl. but not limited to astrophysics, cosmology, plasma modelling, QCD, …)
- Solid Earth Dynamics
Poster presentations provide an ideal opportunity for the exchange of ideas and expertise within and between the various computational science domains represented at the conference. Poster submissions should describe topical research related to domain science, applied mathematics, computer science or software engineering. Posters that address aspects emphasizing the theme of PASC20 – New Challenges, New Computing Paradigms – are particularly welcome.
Poster presenters will be given the possibility to "pitch" their posters to the conference audience in a rapid-fire flash session before the scheduled poster session. Posters with the most stimulating content will be recognized in an award ceremony on the final day of the conference.
Poster boards are 186 cm tall by 121 cm wide.
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
The poster submission should include the following information:
- Topic: A title for the poster of no more than 20 words
- Domain: Select a primary domain and optionally additional domains
- Author details: Full names and contact details of author(s)
- Abstract for review: A description of the work for publication in the online program (no more than 200 words)
Poster submissions should be made through the PASC20 online submission portal, and will be reviewed by domain experts from the PASC20 Minisymposium and Posters Committee.
- 24 January 2020: Deadline for submission
- 16 March 2020: Acceptance notifications
- 14 June 2020: Deadline for submission of poster image (PDF) for those wishing to take part in the poster flash session
Deadlines correspond to anywhere on earth ('AoE' or 'UTC-12').
We look forward to receiving your submissions.
CONFERENCE PARTICIPATION TERMS
Please note that PASC20 is unable to reimburse the expenses or waive the registration fees for poster presenters.